Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

First pediatrician visit

Elaina weighed in at 8 pounds and 1 ounce today. She had a diaper on so I am sure that accounted for a little of that weight. She has had nothing to eat other than breastmilk. I am starting to get a bit of an oversupply. I put her to the breast yesterday ones and she latched OK and fell asleep. Well, that sure did jump start my production on that side. I have pumped at least an extra ounce on that side and had a lot of fullness all night last night and all day today. I could easily increase my supply by at least 6 ounces a day if I wanted to. I need to get some freezer bags. I have found a couple of families that could use some donor milk so I need to put my milk in something disposable. Right now I have 8 bottles made up in the fridge. And I am about to pump as I sit here and type.

I do plan on trying to get Elaina back onto the breast but I am trying not to stress about it. Having a newborn in my house with my responsibilities and obligations and all of the expectations of my culture and my personal beliefs can all be a bit daunting. I am hard on myself to practice what I preach when it comes to breastfeeding. I need to try and relax and just take everything one day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing better for a newborn than breastfeeding. Aside from its health benefits, it helps in developing the strong bond between a mother and a child. But since you’ve been doing great with your pumping, I agree with the relaxing bit. Elaina seems healthy, and she seems okay with your routine. Don’t be too stressed out and enjoy your motherhood adventures with your cute angel. =)

    Chalice Lindgren

    ReplyDelete