Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Such a sweet baby (when he is sleeping)

Ben slept so good last night when he finally went to sleep. He has been a bit grumpy lately. He is just trying to figure the world out. He reminds me a bit of Eliot in temperament. She was an extremely difficult baby up until she started crawling. Then she was a breeze. Ben has been having a hard time falling asleep lately. He just seems to be fighting it. Last night though when he fell asleep in the crook of my arm he slept great. He ate and went right back asleep.

I have almost successfully dropped down to 3 pumping sessions a day. I pump at 8am, 2pm, and 8pm. I have been skipping my 2am session for almost a week now. My supply has decreased a little so that I am not supper full all day. In about a month or so I should be totally settled into a good routine until I need to increase my supply to keep up with him. I read from some other moms that they can pump only twice a day and get 40 ounces. I guess I believe them but that is pretty extreme. Total all day I am getting about 20 ounces. I pump the most milk at my 8am session. I usually get 10 ounces or more then. I could definitely get more but I am happy with that amount. Ben takes about 23 to 26 ounces a day in his bottles . We just add a little frozen milk as needed. My comfort level and sanity is worth dipping into our frozen stash. To increase my supply all I have to do is nurse him a few times and I am busting at the seams.

No comments:

Post a Comment