Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What have I been focusing on?

I pump, I feed my son, I am uncomfortable. I am pumping enough for Ben to have total bresatmilk in his bottles. Sometimes I am so focused on the amount I have been pumping. I need to step away from that some. It is not all about the numbers. I think I am going to adjust my mindset. My new goal is to provide breastmilk to Ben as long as possible. I will not freak out if he does not get breastmilk at every feeding. I feel that it will be better if he gets breastmilk for longer as he gets older. I am comfortable continuing to freeze milk and offering a little formula if needed if it means Ben will get my milk longer. Even if he gets a formula bottle here and there it does not seem to affect his bowel movements or cause him any discomfort. I am so uncomfortable during the day sometimes because I have so much milk. I want to decrease my supply to a comfortable level. I am going to try and get only 3 to 6 ounces each pumping session instead of as much as possible. I know I can always increase my supply later if needed. Sometimes I just want to quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment